Fit4LifeFriends Forum ♦ One Step at a Time
Nutrition ♦ Fitness ♦ Healthy Lifestyles ♦ Motivational Support ♦ Weight Loss

Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Welcome, we hope you enjoy your visit!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only personal features such as customizing your profile, having a blog, sending personal messages, chatting and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free! *Attention New Members: Registered members MUST post at least one time. F4LF is spammed with false memberships and to keep this under control we delete all user names which have no posts. In order for an account (membership) to remain active, you must post within 72 hours of registering. The Introduce Yourself forum is a great place to start, but if you do get deleted before you are able to post, please feel free to register again.

Please read 'Use Of This Community Means You Agree To' under our Terms of Use, Membership Guidelines & Disclaimer before joining.

Join F4LF Here

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Walk Away From Cancer!; From Denise Austin's Morning Stretch
Topic Started: Jul 30 2008, 05:44 AM (3,646 Views)
NicC
Member Avatar
Elite
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
From Denise Austin's Morning Stretch

Walk Away From Cancer!

You know that walking helps your heart and reduces your waistline, but did you know it also cuts your cancer risk? Researchers say 30 minutes of walking per day can keep cancer at bay or increase the survival odds of those who get cancer. Why? They maintain it's because those who walk on a regular basis are much less likely to be obese, and obesity is a major risk factor for many types of cancer, including breast cancer.

So, instead of thinking of your daily walk as "just exercise," try thinking of it as a gift you're giving yourself and your family the gift of a long and healthy life! Doesn't that just make you want to go put on your walking shoes right now? Let's go!

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

TeachX3
Member Avatar

Yes it does, this was fantastic... thanks for posting NIc!!

~Dannielle
Age 45 - 5'5 - Medium Frame
Starting Weight: 191+ and Lowest Weight: 141
My Reminiscence... (Vintage, Mod, Retro & Mid Century - The 20's to 80's) ...an Etsy Shop

2 Corinthians 12:9 - But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

Posted Image

NicC
Member Avatar
Elite
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I had actually never heard of it before ...

Posted Image

jackee70
No Avatar
[ * ]
the above information is good and useful for me , I already walk daily routine and play football,
but this information give me a good encouragement for my exercise routine.. so nice information...

Broderick01
No Avatar
[ * ]
wow that's great. I have never ever heard about that.. Well it means walking is a important aspect in our life. Actually me and my family members are too lazy in walking but not in last 3 weeks. Because We all buy some step counter for check that who is walking more. And after one month we will check the reading of all counters and who have more step he will win a meal at outside any restaurant by other members pocket.

TeachX3
Member Avatar

Broderick, that sounds like a fun idea! Keep that meal healthy! ;)
~Dannielle
Age 45 - 5'5 - Medium Frame
Starting Weight: 191+ and Lowest Weight: 141
My Reminiscence... (Vintage, Mod, Retro & Mid Century - The 20's to 80's) ...an Etsy Shop

2 Corinthians 12:9 - But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

Posted Image

NicC
Member Avatar
Elite
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Cool, Broderick. I'd love to hear about the step counts you came up with with your counters! Please feel free to share with us!

Posted Image

« Previous Topic · Library of Health · Next Topic »
Add Reply

If you are interested in being an affiliate or advertising with F4LF, please register and contact TeachX3 via Private Message.

Please Support F4LF

Independently Owned and Operated, Copyright 2007-2012 Fit4LifeFriends, All Rights Reserved.
All content on this website is for informational purposes only and is not intended to be used in place of a visit or advice from a doctor.