Fit4LifeFriends Forum ♦ One Step at a Time
Nutrition ♦ Fitness ♦ Healthy Lifestyles ♦ Motivational Support ♦ Weight Loss

Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Welcome, we hope you enjoy your visit!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only personal features such as customizing your profile, having a blog, sending personal messages, chatting and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free! *Attention New Members: Registered members MUST post at least one time. F4LF is spammed with false memberships and to keep this under control we delete all user names which have no posts. In order for an account (membership) to remain active, you must post within 72 hours of registering. The Introduce Yourself forum is a great place to start, but if you do get deleted before you are able to post, please feel free to register again.

Please read 'Use Of This Community Means You Agree To' under our Terms of Use, Membership Guidelines & Disclaimer before joining.

Join F4LF Here

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
I'm counting down to 30!
Topic Started: Mar 10 2010, 03:05 PM (464 Views)
Happyjaxx
Member Avatar
Advanced
[ *  *  *  * ]
Hi all!

It has been so long since I have been active here. It is nice to see and read about everyone again. I check in from time to time, but have not been able to post.

Most of you that are here know about some of the things I have gone through over the last few years. I'm turning 30 next February and have accomplished all of my goals but 1. My goal to get heathly, not only regarding my weight but also in regards to quitting smoking, has eluded me from quite some time. Over the past year I have gotten down to between 195 and 200lbs and now I am stuck. My life is in a better place that it has ever been...my career, my family, fianaces...everything has all come together. I'm ready to push to the next level and make a committment to myself.

I'm tired of being fat and tired all the time. I used to feel great at this weight, but being here too long has caused me to start feeling uncomfortable again.

I eat pretty well 75% of the time. In order to push through the 200lb mark once and for all I plan to cut out the excess calories that seem to sneak in. I have also started walking in the evening with my sweetie.

My short term goal is to get to 190lbs by May 15th, which is the day I leave on a 1 week cruise. That's almost 13lbs in 10 weeks and can be accomplished. If i need to I will adjust my goal to 185lbs. I can't remember the last time I was significantly below 200lbs and can't wait to find out what it feels like again.

I weigh-in on Mondays and will be posting all my progress here.

It's nice to be back!
STG: 190 lbs by May 15th

Posted Image

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

TeachX3
Member Avatar

:wave: Hi Jaxx, it is good to *see* you again! I hear ya on the smoking... ugh, it is becoming more and more of a burden on me daily, I just cannot understand why something that hurts me so much is so enjoyable. :angry: It sounds like your body is ready to drop some more weight :happydance: ... I know for me, I have been losing and then maintaining for about 6 months before I lose again, guess our body just must get comfortable and then get uncomfortable to move forward again. I am SO HAPPY to hear of the positive and happiness in your life!! Are you much of an exerciser? I am not... make weight loss harder to accomplish too, my dream goal is not only a number in weight, but to be to the point that I *want* to push myself daily in physical fitness!! Anyhow, great to see you back here at F4LF and I look forward to reading your progress thread!

~Dannielle
Age 45 - 5'5 - Medium Frame
Starting Weight: 191+ and Lowest Weight: 141
My Reminiscence... (Vintage, Mod, Retro & Mid Century - The 20's to 80's) ...an Etsy Shop

2 Corinthians 12:9 - But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

Posted Image

NicC
Member Avatar
Elite
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
HI Jaxx - great to see you!

Posted Image

shygemini
Member Avatar
Elite
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
great to see you back here! :) i am looking forward to seeing your progress :D

Happyjaxx
Member Avatar
Advanced
[ *  *  *  * ]
So I weighed in yesterday...205.2 :angry:

I guess in the grand scheme of things I'm not suprised. My body has been feeling very weird. I didn't think that I ate bad enough to gain that much. I've been having issues with TOM and other things so it may be water etc.

This week...I'm eating well, trying to increase water intake and exercising 4 times this week.

SO far I went for walk/run yesterday and plan on going again tonight.

I may hop on the scale in the morning to see if my weight has come down a bit...we'll see. Maybe I'll change my weigh-in day to the middle of the week or Fridays. I'll have to think about that one? Any opinions?

Posted Image

Happyjaxx
Member Avatar
Advanced
[ *  *  *  * ]
So I hoped on the scale yesterday and today to see what was up (or daown) and was pleased to see that I was around 203.3 so I am feeling better about my weigh-in from Monday.

I also have walked every day this week and plan to tonight.

Posted Image

TeachX3
Member Avatar

That is awesome Happyjaxx! :proud:

~Dannielle
My Reminiscence... (Vintage, Mod, Retro & Mid Century - The 20's to 80's) ...an Etsy Shop

2 Corinthians 12:9 - But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

Posted Image

Happyjaxx
Member Avatar
Advanced
[ *  *  *  * ]
203.3 again for a Monday weigh-in :) Definitly happy with that as I seem to weigh in a few pounds heavier at the beginning of the week.

THis week my goal is 4 days of cardio instead of just 3. Also, I want to take my lunch every day this week to help keep my calories under control :)

Thanks Teach!

Posted Image

NicC
Member Avatar
Elite
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Posted Image

sapphire
Member Avatar
Advanced
[ *  *  *  * ]
Hey Jaxx! You're doing really well; keep it up :cheer:

Posted Image

Happyjaxx
Member Avatar
Advanced
[ *  *  *  * ]
Thanks Ladies!

201.5 this morning.

I didn't get to exercise as much last week due to work. However, I did build a deck in my back yard this weekend so got plenty of exercise there :)

This week's goals:

exercise 4 times
bring lunch to work mon-thurs
drink 1 extra glass of water each day.

Hopefully i will see a number without a 2 in front of it next week :angel:
Edited by Happyjaxx, Mar 29 2010, 01:29 PM.

Posted Image

TeachX3
Member Avatar

WOOHOO! A new deck, how nice! :clap: I sure do hope you DO see a NON '2' number next week!! :congratulations:

~Dannielle

Posted Image

shygemini
Member Avatar
Elite
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
yay great job jaxx!!! :D

Happyjaxx
Member Avatar
Advanced
[ *  *  *  * ]
Weighed in at 197.5 on Friday

I have to be honest...I have hit such a wall with my weight. I have been bouncing between 197 and 205 for months and I just can't get going. I have been eating around 1500-1800 daily and have tried to be as active as possible. I went to the doctor on April 2nd and asked for help. This alone was a huge step as I have a difficult time asking for help in all aspects of my life. I explained how I was eating and what was going on. They took blood and looked for any problems...nothing everything was great. So they put me on a prescription. I'm not a big advocate of taking pills, but I am tired of hating myself. I know that I am eating well and doing what I am supposed to but it's like my body is on strike.

Week 1 on the perscription I lost 4 lbs which is great. I don't have many side effects. I will say that I have more energy than I have ever had before. I am definitly more active, watching what I eat to consume at least 1500 calories as the meds suppress appetite, am sleeping better, and generally just happier.

I made a decision based on my personal struggles, life situation and what I felt comfortable with. I am happy that I made the decision. I just want to go on record as saying that I don't believe the meds to be a "cure". I'm still counting calories and exercising. It's just giving me a push to get past the worst plateau of my life. I'm actually quite embarrased to have to need them. Everyone's journey is different.

Posted Image

TeachX3
Member Avatar

Jaxx, I agree with you... the meds are a tool to help you, but you are still doing work. I hope you will not have to need them for long and that once you stop taking them, you still see success with your hard work! Hang in there, and I hope the best for you!!

~Dannielle

Posted Image

sarahinparis
Member Avatar
Advanced
[ *  *  *  * ]
Hi Jaxx, nice to see you again!

You've done great these past few weeks - I was on a temporary stop on my weight loss efforts for a few weeks right around when you came back.

And I've let a planned pause become an extended eating fest & I'm guessing I've gained about 15 pounds in 6 weeks - frightening.

But your success these past weeks reminds me that getting serious I can lose it again.

Glad to see you back & back at it -- and I agree w Teach, whatever helps you, helps!
PROGRESS, NOT PERFECTION.
Posted Image

Blog : http://LowStressWeightLoss.com

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Challenges & Goals · Next Topic »
Add Reply

If you are interested in being an affiliate or advertising with F4LF, please register and contact TeachX3 via Private Message.

Please Support F4LF

Independently Owned and Operated, Copyright 2007-2012 Fit4LifeFriends, All Rights Reserved.
All content on this website is for informational purposes only and is not intended to be used in place of a visit or advice from a doctor.